Senior Design Consultant / Project Manager
4b Technology Group is seeking a team member with technology, security and/or AV design experience that will provide project management and design support for the firm’s new and existing projects. Candidates should also have a deep understanding of IT infrastructure, communications, building and construction. RCDD, CPP/PSP or CTS-D is a plus but is not required.
- • Provide design team leadership to document requirements in narrative, construction drawing and specification form.
- • Coordinate with interiors, lighting and MEP designers to ensure cohesive building designs are developed.
- • Author narratives, specifications and red line drawings.
- • Review vendor proposal, submittals, RFI and as-built documentation.
- • Assist project managers with construction administration and submittal review
- • Interface with AEC team during the construction process, attending meetings and perform site observation walk-throughs as required.
- • Keep up with the trends in technology, security and AV that may affect our clients.
• A self-starter who is able to work well independently but can effectively communicate with team members
• Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree is preferred although equivalent experience will be considered.
• Previous contract consulting, design, and/or estimation experience is desirable.
• At least 3+ years of relevant supervisory or management experience.
• Strong knowledge of commercial AV technology: AV/VTC/UC, video displays, digital signage, AV management and control.
• Familiar with commercial building/construction design as it relates to technology, security and AV elements…
• Technical understanding of VoIP, networking, data, storage, cabling, infrastructure, TCP/IP, communication and other AV/IT experience is required.
• Strong customer service and organizational skills with multi-tasking ability.
• Detailed-oriented, self-starter, self-motivated, meticulous, strong follow-up skills.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and exercise good judgment
• Strong project management skills, detailed oriented and ability to handle multiple tasks
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Solid problem solving and consultative skills in a fast paced environment
• Knowledge of MS Office, AutoCAD and/or Revit
If you would like to be considered for a position with our team, please submit your resumé to Mark Basford