Business Development Manager
Our Houston-based Business Development Manager will work collaboratively with our technical staff in positioning and pursuing new opportunities. This position works on the ground with Houston staff, and interacts regularly with the 4b Technology Group Management team.
• A successful candidate will meet with potential clients in architectural, developer, end user and general contractor roles. Ideally these meetings will occur several times per week with recurring visits to specific contacts happening at least once per quarter.
• The ideal candidate will be able to foster and build client relationships through existing 4b contacts, involvement in industry organizations and will be comfortable representing the firm at external events.
Proposal + Bid Support – Work with technical teams to ensure material is on message and appropriately targeted:
• Collaborate in the preparation of information and materials for submittals, requests for information, and proposals.
• Manage the preparation of qualification packages, tailored resumes, responses and presentations to selected RFQs and RFPs.
• Support the Program Manager with the preparation of proposal responses, including initial outlines, appropriate forms and other specialized documents to support buildings, consulting and infrastructure businesses, tracking proposal progress, and ensuring completeness.
Market Research + Information Management
• Develop, maintain and update information in databases and information used in marketing materials.
• Research upcoming conferences, award submittal dates and other activities and maintain regional calendar of this information.
• Research and Implement other specific business development initiatives.
• Gather information for upcoming projects and tracking leads.
• Proactively develop promotional opportunities and collateral development.
• Proactively work with other Marketing/Business Development groups to effectively and efficiently develop and maintain up-to-date and relevant marketing information.
Drafting marketing material including:
• Resumes and project sheets
• Brochures and other key collateral
• Award Submittals
• Must have excellent communication, writing and organizational skills.
• Five years of experience in marketing or business development services in the Architecture/Engineering industry.
• Must have bachelor’s degree, preferably with an emphasis in English or Marketing.
• Must be experienced in the following computer applications: InDesign, Acrobat, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
• Must be comfortable coordinating events [i.e. workshops, conference attendance]
• Knowledge of local A/E/C industry very useful.
• Must be confident, self-motivated, highly independent, and proactive, with proven ability to juggle/respond to multiple deadlines under pressure.
If you would like to be considered for a position with our team, please submit your resumé to Sherri Crist